Clan Adair cap badge


Clan Adair cap badge












Flixton Hall


Flixton Hall

The seat of the Adair's for over 200 years until it was sold in 1950 by Maj-Gen. Sir Allan Shafto Adair
to a private speculator.  Two years later after the buyer had removed and sold all the protective lead
from the roof, water was causing serious problems to the interior so he applied and gained permission
to demolish the building in June 1952.  As a result, one of the most magnificent buildings in East Anglia
was allowed to disappear forever - only the shell of part of the ground floor and is used for farm storage.














Last updated:  19 October 2021




There have been


visitors since 31 Oct 2007









Scottish thistle